Tips For a Safe & Fun 4th Of July
Be Safe On The 4th Of July
Independence Day is the peak of an American summer: social gatherings, barbecues, and fireworks.
A few tips to help you & your family say healthy this year!
Avoid A Fireworks Fiasco
Fireworks were involved in an estimated 10,000 injuries treated in U.S. hospital emergency departments in 2019, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. More than 70% of those injuries were treated between June 21 and July 21 and nearly half were to people younger than 20 years old. Even sparklers, which many assume are harmless, burn at 2,000 degrees and can cause severe burns.
The safest way to enjoy fireworks is at displays conducted by professionals, according to the National Safety Council. If you’re attending a fireworks show this year, adhere to your local COVID 19 guidelines. At home consider safer alternatives like glow sticks, confetti poppers or colored streamers.
The National Safety Council says some fireworks may be legal, but they’re not safe. The organization offers the following safety tips if you choose to use consumer fireworks:
- Don’t allow children to handle fireworks.
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Use protective eyewear and light fireworks outside, away from people, houses and flammable materials.
- Don’t hold fireworks, throw or point them at others.
- Only light one device at a time and maintain safe distance after lighting.
- Never use illegal fireworks.
Wishing you & your family a happy & safe 4th of July!
With our team at A Better Home Inspection, we’ve been your neighborhood home inspection company since 1988. Our staff have helped many California homeowners maintain their houses – Please call us at 760-805-1966 and schedule today!